The Just Energy Circle (JEC), is an inspiring, morally-grounded collaborative effort that empowers sustainable, self-sufficient communities and encourages participation in developing clean energy solutions that benefit everyone. The JEC seeks to inspire new, diverse, authentic leadership that is recognized in prominent decision-making positions in both civic and private sectors. It aims to establish structures to ensure that energy opportunities are available to all, including low-income protections, reduced energy costs, and employment. It represents an ecosystem of diverse business, political, and community interests. JEC partners believe that this approach is the future of the sustainability movement, and that the future of our communities is dependent upon the ability to provide Just Energy for all. Guiding principles of JEC are:
- Community engagement is vital for the progression of self-sufficient people and neighborhoods.
- Access to high-quality energy at a fair price for all.
- Sustainable relationships, partners, and solutions forever pressing issues in the American South.
- Transparency and accountability on behalf of energy providers.
- Equity accessibility should be the principal growth model for the American South.
- All people have a part to play in our emerging green sector economy.
- Utilize and leverage a combination of the best field and scientific research to find the best energy solutions.
PSE has recently begun to expand the structure and programs of its JUST Energy portfolio, building its own capacity to reach deeper into more targeted communities in order to effectively build their knowledge and capacity for advocacy on energy policy, energy efficiency, and renewable energy. Primary programmatic components of the Energy Equity portfolio include the JUST Energy Circle, Advancing Equity and Opportunity Collaborative, Democratizing Rural Electric Co-ops, Energy Equity for All, as well as energy equity related research, development, training, and education.
Video: Energy Equity Forum